Saturday, October 30, 2010

Peer Review on Demonstration Speech

      After reviewing my demonstration speech, overall I believe I did very well.  I tried to make sure my voice was loud enough for the audience to here me.  My voice, on the recording, was very clear so I believe I did a great job in vocal presentation.  I tried to be creative in my introduction instead of just starting right into my speech.  I noticed that in a lot of speeches, their introductions and conclusions were very brief and almost nonexistent at times.  My introduction, at first, seemed a little off topic, but I think it tied quite well together in the end. I made sure to hold up all of the ingredients for my guacamole dip so the audience could see what I was talking about.  My steps to make my guacamole dip seemed well structured and was real smooth.  My conclusion was fast and short but I knew I had to end soon.  I was almost over on my time limit.  I did, however, remember to quickly restate my steps to make my guacamole dip, which I thought was necessary.  Those were some of the good points of my speech.
      I know my speech was not perfect because saw a lot of areas that I could improve on.  First, I remembered to list the ingredients, but I did not list the utensils and other equipment needed to make my dip.  I just included them in the steps of my speech.  Another point of improvement is that I would set the avocado down on the table and then realize that I was not done talking about it.  In result, I had to keep picking it pack up again.  My eye contact was great, but I kept looking at the item when I talked about it in order to stay on track.  This is just a classical trait of being nervous.  Overall, I believe I had a great first speech and I am looking forward to my second.

Speech Video Link:
http://sharing.theflip.com/session/978379c788c724b24677251febb290f0/video/23315841

No comments:

Post a Comment